Cats and Kids

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Mr. Happy Pants

WOW!! I finally got up the courage to tell Mr. Happy Pants about the days I need off over the next two weeks. And wouldn't you know it he never even batted an eyelash. All he said was "okay, write it on the board".

Now I feel really bad for not asking for more time off :)

I guess the trick is to approach him in the afternoon. He is NOT a morning person at all. Neither am I but he is especially miserable.

I'm really glad he didn't give me a hard time about it because I am needed elsewhere on these days off. You see, our county fair is coming up and being a fair director in charge of the fruit class I have to set-up our area, be present on the Sunday and Monday before the fair to receive items, be present for the judging on the Monday afternoon, be present on the opening day of the fair to hand out awards, take my kids on the Friday to ride the rides, take my kids on the Saturday to show their llamas, take my kids on the Monday to show their calves, be there on the Tuesday after the fair when people come to pick up their items and best of all be there on Monday night for the demolition derby.

This years demolition derby is huge. There are 80, yes 8-0, cars participating. The winner wins 2,000 dollars and goes on the US (don't remeber which state) for the north american competition. I don't think I'll be home early that night.

Come join me, er...us, for a rip roaring good time. All 2,000 of us, screaming and yelling for their favorite car. I am always amazed how much damage you can inflict to a car and it keeps on running. Just like the energizer bunny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home