Cats and Kids

Friday, September 22, 2006

Frass

I was asked to talk to Bryan's grade 3-4 class today about bugs. They are doing a study on bugs in science and since I scout for bugs in the orchard during the summer the teacher asked me to give a talk....er show and tell lesson.

Probably the only thing the kids learned was that frass is a scientific name for bug poop. Sorry JAJ. If your son comes home and calls his brothers a frass head now you'll know that he needs to be dealt with.

I think the talk went well. The kids all got to look through my two microscopes at frass and Japanese Beetle damage on an apple leaf.

So to all I hope your day is not a frassy day. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Thumbelina's Mom said...

Frass happens.

7:21 PM  
Blogger Lola said...

You got that right!!

5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home