Cats and Kids

Friday, July 14, 2006

Getting Old

Well, it's official. I'm a tween. I have young children at home to care for and run around. Now I have to care for and run around my mother and step-father.

My mother called today to hint that she needed something. I really, really hate it when she does that. If you want something just ask. And then I'll tell you I'm too busy.

I hate it when mother starts the conversation "are you busy?" Of course, I'm busy!! I have three children and a large house to clean. I also work two jobs and do odd jobs around the farm. I'm always busy!!

So today mother guilt tripped me into taking her to the local lab to get her monthly blood drawn for tests. Then because the lady at the lab was busy and mother was 15 minutes over her schedule to have the blood drawn she was ready to walk out and come back tomorrow. Only the lab is closed on Saturdays and I wasn't about to drive her someplace else tomorrow. Am I being a thoughtless, cruel daughter? Ask me if I care? I do really, but I do have a life too!

Then after running mother to the lab I realized that they needed groceries. So I took step-father to run errands and get groceries.

The funniest part was in the grocery store. Step-father eyed those motorized shopping carts as soon as he got to the store. Therefore, he was happy and it made the whole process faster, kinda. I told step-father that I was going to get bananas and he headed off towards processed meat. Then as I was coming out of the banana aisle I see him tearing off towards baked goods. What a sight to see a 77 year old man with his hair blowing in the breeze at the the local Zehrs. Look out everyone!!

Finally, I got him rounded up and made sure that he stayed close. But not too close. He can't see very well and his hearing is even worse. I also value my heels.

So if it's not one thing....it's your mother.

1 Comments:

Blogger Thumbelina's Mom said...

Just think, when you're your Mom's age, you can have Princess Weah chaeffeur you around to all your appointments...payback baby!

I wonder how old kids are when they really start thinking,

If it's not one thing...it's your mother!

6:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home