Cats and Kids

Thursday, June 01, 2006

I'm Back

This past weekend I was away on a Ladies Retreat. I know that was five days ago but better late than never.

We had a fabulous time. It is really neat to get together with that many women of like faith. I get that goose bump feeling when I think about the harmony in the room when we are all singing the choruses.

We started our Friday with a light lunch in the gym of Faithway Baptist Church in Ajax. What a great way to start a weekend away......White Chocolate and Macadamia Nut Cookies !!!

Our first session was "Be A Sarah: A Vessel of Honour"
Our speaker gave us all an assignment (can tell she is a teacher) to list the five positive qualities that your husband, father or fiance has:

Since I am married here are the five positive qualities my husband has:

1. he's a hard worker (he's been up since 4:30 this morning doing farm work and won't crash until 11:00 tonight....yesterday he was up at 3:00am. Farming...long hours....it's that time of year.)

2. he's good at fixing things (not that I break alot but it comes in very handy when the van does need attention)

3. he's is a good providor for our family

4. he's good with the children

5. he puts up with me and loves me for who I am


The next workwhop I attended was "He's not a Jughead". It was a session on "what a husband needs". I learned that most men would rather live their lives feeling unloved and lonely than disrespected and unreverenced. WOW. Where a woman would be the opposite.
Men need to feel appreciated, accepted and adored. The speaker made a comment that hit home for me. She said "men enjoy it when a women is in the same room with them, even if they don't communicate". That brought back a time to me when I was complaining to Husband about spending so much time in the garage working on his car. His responce was "well you can come out to the garage and sit there with me". Boring, I know, but that is his way of feeling acceptance.
We were also told that we are to get to know his likes and dislikes and participate in those interests. So I guess I will be spending more time working on the car. YUCK....but if it makes him happy. Come to think of it I did help him with the car just last week. I had to hold the rachet while he tightened a bolt under the car. At least he didn't send me under the car.

For supper that night we had a fabulous chocolate bundt cake (and I don't like chocolate cake). So here is the recipe:

Double Chocolate Bundt Cake
1 package (about 18 oz) chocolate cake mix
1 package instant chocolate pudding mix
4 eggs, beaten
3/4 cup water
3/4 cup sour cream
1/2 cup oil
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
powdered sugar

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray 10-inch bundt or tube pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Beat cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water, sour cream and oil in large bowl with electric mixeer at medium speed until ingredients are blended. Stir in chocolate chips; pour into prepared pan.
3. Bake 55- 60 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool 1 hour in pan on wire rack. Invert cake onto serving plate; cool completely. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.
Makes 10 -12 servings.

3 Comments:

Blogger Thumbelina's Mom said...

What a coincidence - our Husband's have the same name! Glad you had a good time!

1:39 PM  
Blogger Lola said...

Your such a goof! You make me laugh.

5:22 PM  
Blogger Thumbelina's Mom said...

You say the sweetest things!

6:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home