Cats and Kids

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Another trip to the hospital

I had to return to mother's house this morning because after our excursion yesterday I still had her car ownership in my pocket. Boy, I sure hope step-father doesn't drive. He's not very good at all.

When I arrived at mother's I found their stair-lift chair at the bottom of the stairs but no one was downstairs. Upon further investigation I found step-father upstairs in bed. And mother was no where to be found. I woke up step-father and was informed that mother had been taken to the hospital. She has been fighting pneumonia and was in the hospital last week with it. I keep telling her that she is not going to get better if all she does is lie in bed all day.

So I proceeded to help step-father take his blood sugar level (he's diabetic), get downstairs, get breakfast and return to bed. He is not doing very well these days either. While I was there I witnessed him nearly black out. That was weird. He just stopped talking and stared into space then started to fall over. I had to catch him so he wouldn't fall off the chair. So I figured bed was the best place for him.

Mother is having tests done at the hospital to determine her problem. Last I heard she was having an ultra-sound. I don't think she's pregnant.... Step-father heard from her and she said that she was having congestive heart failure and they were going to send her to another hospital an hour away. However, all those comments were made by her and not the doctors. I sure hope they don't send her home.

Neither of these people should be living on their own...my opinion. However, my home is not set up to take them in. I've got stairs.

They also don't want to go to a nursing home because it costs too much. Exactly how much does it cost? And if they can't afford it does the government not then provide it. Or are the children then expected to pay for it? So many questions that I can't find the answers to.

1 Comments:

Blogger Thumbelina's Mom said...

I don't think the gov't steps in to help if there are children around...so you don't think she's pregnant?? Wouldn't that be quite the shocker. Good luck wit it all!

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home