Cats and Kids

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Candy

Bobby and I just got back from picking out his 4-H calf for the year. She is a beautiful Holstein born in November of 2005, named Candy. She is predominately black with white markings. I can't wait until we can get her to the leaders farm so we can start working with her. She has four months to grow before we have to show her at the local fairs. It should be interesting to see how tall she will be by then. I have a feeling she will be taller than Bobby. It will be interesting.
This is Bobby's first experience with Holstein's. The past two years he has shown Jersey's. So we thought we would give the Holstein breed a try. They are a nicer showing animal, in my opinion. Then again I grew up with Holsteins.
When we start working with Candy I will post a picture of her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home