Cats and Kids

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Lazy Saturday

Well it's Saturday afternoon and I feel I have not accomplished much of anything. But I always feel that way when the house is clean. It had to be clean this morning because we had 12 people here for a 4-H meeting.
I think the meeting went well. We went out to the orchard and looked for some bugs, found scab (that's a fungus) and took leaf samples to look at them under the microscope. Unfortunately, we did not find any Leafminer eggs under the scope. I was hoping to. They make a really neat popping sound when squished.
The clubbers then came back into the house and we made pie dough. I put it in the freezer so next month we will make some apple pies.
Unfortunately, I forget to have the kids judge something. I'll have to make a note to myself for next time. In 4-H the members are required to attend a judgeing competition. I think it is great. After all, everything we do in life requires that skill. When you go to the grocery store you judge which apples or lettuce or meat or whatever to purchase. When you buy a new vehicle you have to judge which options are important. When deciding on a spouce you judge which qualities are important. Etc, etc.

I spent the afternoon working on my scrapbooking. So I guess it wasn't a wasted day after all.

2 Comments:

Blogger Thumbelina's Mom said...

I just look for the prettiest in everything. That's how I judge. Oh, and nice arches in a spouse.

1:45 PM  
Blogger Lola said...

I've never thought of potatoes as pretty.

4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home